I am in the process of transferring over a bunch of wordpress sites to my new cyberpanel VPS at Vultr. One of the most popular plugins for migrating sites is called All-in-one WP Migration. I’ve used it before and one of the nuances is that they have a built in upload limit when restoring, probably as a way to encourage people to purchased the paid version. There are multiple posts on-line about how to manually increase the limit – including adjusting the limits in .htaccess or wp-config file
The .htaccess code worked both on my digitalocean droplet with Plesk control panel and a cpanel reseller account:
php_value upload_max_filesize 1024M php_value post_max_size 1024M php_value memory_limit 512M php_value max_execution_time 300 php_value max_input_time 300
But that wouldn’t work on my cyberpanel account, which kept showing my backup upload limit was restricted to a paltry 2mb.
I tried editing the constants.php file in the plug-in itself, following this advice:
- Go to Plugin editor from the left menu panel in the admin dashboard.
- Top right, Choose All-in-one WP Migration from the dropdown and click select.
- Click on constants.php file.
- Search for the word AI1WM_MAX_FILE_SIZE. Change it’s value, refer below code:
define( ‘AI1WM_MAX_FILE_SIZE’, 2 << 28 );
define( ‘AI1WM_MAX_FILE_SIZE’, 536870912 * 5 );
If you even want more than 3 GB then change value from 536870912 * 5 to 536870912 * 10( or any number).
Don’t forget to update the file.
That made no difference either. I was left scratching my head wondering if it is something unique to cyberpanel or the way I configured the server when I set it up.
I found that the php installation can have upload limits set. In order to see if there were limits on my php installation, I created a new file in my home directory called info.php and inserted the following code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
and I saw that upload_max_filesize was set to 2mb
I was able to edit the php.ini file through the cyberpanel main interface, selecting php from the left side menu bar, and then edit php configuration. I selected php 8.0 (which is what the specific domain I was backing up was set to), and just the basic settings (no need for advanced), there were the two things I needed to change – upload_max_filesize and post_max_size making sure they were both larger than the backup file I needed to upload. It took a few second to save the new settings and then I clicked on “restart php” just to make sure the new settings were in effect. I reloaded the info.php file I created and it showed the new settings had taken effect.
I went back into All-in-one WP Migration and the upload limit was now updated to what I needed.
I wish things weren’t so complicated, but at least I figured out the problem.